RN to MSN, Nurse Executive
Learn to become a leader with our online RN to MSN track.
More than ever, there is a need for educated, experienced nurses to assume senior management and leadership positions in healthcare systems, at other organizations, even in government.
As a Registered Nurse, you already have the key qualities and values that form the basis of leadership.
Now it is time to learn the management techniques and business skills that will help you be an even more effective leader. And it all begins by earning your Master of Science in Nursing degree with the RN to MSN- Nurse Executive track at NMC.
Online RN to MSN Executive Track Information
- The Online MSN program is a CCNE-accredited program and this track can be completed online in 30 months.
- The track is designed to further your skills as a nurse, a leader and a capable business executive.
- The curriculum provides the skills and knowledge needed to work as an executive in many leadership roles in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of the next course.
- Students can access courses at any time of the day and from anywhere with Internet access.
Nurse Executive Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing salaries for nurse executives vary widely in the U.S. and are based upon many factors including geography, job description, specialty and experience. O*Net indicates the median salary in 2014 in the United States for Medical and Health Services Managers was $92,810, while the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a much faster than average projected job growth of 17 percent between 2014 and 2024.
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Organization of Nurse Leaders (AONE)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
MSN Program Accreditation
The baccalaureate and master's degrees in nursing at Nebraska Methodist College are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.