|Application Deadline: Feb. 1, 2016||Program Start Date: August 2016|
|Prospective students may apply anytime.
Qualified applicants will be notified of their acceptance no later than April 15, 2016.
Program Admissions Criteria
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate in nursing (BSN) from a program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- A grade point average (GPA) >3.0 on a 4.0 scale in last nursing program.
- Undergraduate completion of the following courses:
- Undergraduate health assessment
- Anatomy and physiology
- Undergraduate pharmacology
- Community nursing
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure at time of application. Practice as a RN is encouraged but not required.
- Fulfillment of the technical standards
Program Application Process
To be considered for admission the following items must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the application date:
- NMC online nursing application
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse at the time of applying
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Written statement
- Official college transcripts from graduating institutions and official transcripts confirming completion of the required undergraduate courses
- Interview with two NMC nursing faculty members using a standardized interview process and scoring method
- Three professional letters of recommendation are required. Recommendation letters should be from master's or doctorally prepared nurses or faculty members who can address the candidate's potential ability to practice in the advanced practice role and supports success in the DNP program. Reference Form
For More Information Contact:
Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator