|Priority Deadline: December 15, 2017
Application Deadline: February 1, 2017
|Program Start Date: August 2017|
Prospective students may apply anytime.
Program Admissions Criteria
Applicants are evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN) from a program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the NLN Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA).
- A grade point average (GPA) ≥ 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in bachelor's nursing program.
- Undergraduate completion of the following courses:
- Undergraduate health assessment
- Anatomy and physiology
- Undergraduate pharmacology
- Community nursing
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure at time of application. Practice as a RN is encouraged but not required.
- Fulfillment of the technical standards
- No GRE required for admission
Program Application Process
To be considered for admission the following items must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the application date:
- NursingCAS Application
- Current unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse at the time of applying
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Written statement
- Official college transcripts from graduating institutions and official transcripts confirming completion of the required undergraduate courses
- Interview with two NMC nursing faculty members using a standardized interview process and scoring method
- Three professional letters of recommendation are required. Recommendation letters should be from master's or doctorally prepared nurses or faculty members who can address the candidate's potential ability to practice in the advanced practice role and supports success in the DNP program. Reference Form
For More Information Contact:
Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator