Nurse Executive Certificate
Develop Your Leadership Expertise as a Nurse Executive—Online
You can have a greater impact on shaping the future of healthcare with a Post-Master's Certificate as a Nurse Executive.
Today more than ever, the need exists for educated, experienced nurses to assume leadership positions in healthcare systems and other organizations - even in government.
As an MSN-degree Registered Nurse, you already have the key qualities and values that form the basis of leadership. Now you can add the management and business skills that will make you an even more effective leader as you move forward in your career.
Opportunities abound - and it all starts with choosing the right education for you.
Nurse Executive Certificate Program Information
- This is an CCNE-accredited program that can be completed online in 12 months.
- It's a great option for working RNs with an MSN degree who have a passion for both teaching and the profession of nursing.
- The curriculum is 14 credit hours. Among the topics covered are principles of economics, finance, organizational behavior, strategic planning and health care policy to the work environmen.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of another course.
- Students can access courses at any time of the day and from anywhere with Internet access.
Nurse Executive Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing salaries for nurse executives vary widely in the U.S. and are based upon many factors including geography, job description, specialty and experience. O*Net indicates the median salary in 2012 in the United States for Medical and Health Services Managers was $88,580 per year, with a faster than average projected job growth until 2020 (20%-28%).
- American Nurses Association
- National Student Nurses Association
- Listing of National & International Nursing Organizations
Nurse Executive Certificate Program Accreditation
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036-1120
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.