Nurse Educator Certificate
Develop Your Expertise With a Nurse Educator Certificate—and Do it Online.
Nursing itself is a rewarding career - and teaching others how to become a nurse can be even more gratifying.
Nurse Educators impart valuable skills and knowledge based on their education and experience.
Nurse Educator Certificate Information
- This is a certificate that can be completed online in 9 months.
- It's a great option for working RNs with an MSN degree who have a passion for both teaching and the profession of nursing.
- The curriculum is 14 credit hours. Among the topics covered are curricular design, instructional and teaching modalities and practicum.
- Courses are five or ten weeks long, with one week off before the start of the next course.
- Students can access courses at any time of the day and from anywhere with Internet access.
- Upon completion of the certificate, graduates may be eligible for the NLN Certified Nurse Educator Exam.
Nurse Educator Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing salaries for nurse educators vary widely in the U.S. and are based upon many factors including geography, job description, specialty and experience. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary in May 2015 for Postsecondary Nursing Instructors and Teachers in the United States was $67,480 per year, with a much faster than average projected job growth of 19 percent between 2014 and 2024.
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- National League For Nursing (NLN)
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
The master's degree in nursing at Nebraska Methodist College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.