Nurse Educator Certificate
Develop Your Expertise With a Nurse Educator Certificate—and Do it Online.
Nursing itself is a rewarding career - and teaching others how to become a nurse can be even more gratifying.
Nurse Educators impart valuable skills and knowledge based on their education and experience.
Nurse Educator Certificate Program Information
- This CCNE-accredited certificate program that can be completed online in less than 10 months.
- It's a great option for working RNs with an MSN degree who have a passion for both teaching and the profession of nursing.
- The curriculum is 14 credit hours. Among the topics covered are curricular design, instructional and teaching modalities and practicum.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of another course.
- Students can access courses at any time of the day and from anywhere with Internet access.
Nurse Educator Salary & Job Outlook
Nursing salaries for nurse educators vary widely across the U.S. and by geography, type of institution, degree level and experience. O*Net indicates the U.S. median salary in 2012 for Health Specialties, Teachers, Postsecondary was $64,850 per year, with an average projected job growth until 2020 of 10% to 19%.
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- National League For Nursing (NLN)
- Listing of National & International Nursing Organizations
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036-1120