Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Follow your passion to make a difference.
Nursing is one of the most versatile and rewarding careers in healthcare today. And even when employment is down in other fields, there will always be a need for skilled nurses. The requirements for becoming a nurse are changing because healthcare in the United States is changing.
Nurses today need to add specialized skills and expertise such as critical thinking, change management expertise and community-based healthcare experience. Such attributes and experience help improve healthcare effectiveness and patient outcomes.
Benefits to the BSN Program at NMC
- The curriculum centers on community-based education, which gives students the opportunity to learn in a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, physcian's clinics, hospice and more.
- Students receive personalized academic support that prepares them for success in the classroom and on the NCLEX. An average of 83% of BSN graduates have passed the NCLEX on the first attempt over the past four years.
- First year clinicals provide students with the opportunity to work hands-on with patients and nurses in the second semester of study.
- The Nursing Arts Center, our high-tech simulation lab gives students the practice and confidence needed to provide patient care in the clinical setting.
- Students learn more than just technical skills - they become Educated Citizens. This solid foundation prepares our graduates to create and lead change in the world around them.
- The tight-knit NMC campus gives students the indivdual attention they need to succeed and provides the vibrant, exciting campus life to enjoy after class.