Wellness and Health Promotion Management, MS
Turn Your Passion For Wellness Into a Career
Reactionary care is a thing of the past. The new healthcare model relies on prevention, with health insurers and employers alike recognizing that the most efficient system is one that keeps people out the hospital in the first place.
That's where you come in. With a Master of Science in Wellness and Health Promotion Management from Nebraska Methodist College, you'll create, manage and assess wellness initiatives in corporate, community and clinical settings. Our program integrates the art of wellness with the science of business change management, allowing you to become a true leader while promoting a culture of health.
Our online learning modules are the preferred choice for individuals dedicated to maintaining professional responsibilities while completing their Master's level coursework. This 16-month degree program is the logical next step if you are a member of the following fields:
- Marketing- Use your promotional skills to guarantee the successful transition to a wellness-focused organizational health model
- Exercise Science- Turn your knowledge of the human body into actionable insights on a larger scale
- Human Resources- Demonstrate the real-world monetary value of an investment in the health of your workforce
- Health Professions- Learn how to coordinate essential programs that will have an impact on entire populations
With Nebraska Methodist College, you'll become more than just a Health Educator. You'll learn the financial and communications skills necessary to be a true thought leader in the wellness field. Apply today to turn your passion for wellness into a career.
Wellness and Health Promotion Management Degree Info
- The Master of Science in Wellness and Health Promotion Management can be completed in 16 months.
- Taught by faculty members with considerable experience in their fields, the program requires 33 credit hours for completion.
- Courses are five weeks long, with one week off before the start of another course.
- Students can access courses at any time of day and from anywhere with Internet access.
- Flexible online format allows you to advance your educational goals while balancing your personal and professional responsibilities.
Wellness and Health Promotion Salary & Job Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, median salary for Health Educators in May 2015 was $51,960 ($24.98 per hour), while projected job growth is expected to be 12 percent between 2014 and 2024, faster than the average across all occupations.
Wellness and Health Promotion Professional Organizations
- International Association for Worksite Health Promotion
- Wellness Council of America
- Institute for Health and Productivity Management
To be successful with your online courses, you should have a basic understanding of computers and the internet. Read more about the minimum knowledge and hardware requisites on our Online Technology Requirements page.