The NMC bookstore, located on the main floor of the Clark Center, strives to offer textbooks at a cost-conscious rate. The bookstore offers:
- Required books and supplies for classes
- Reference materials
- School supplies
- Stethoscopes, blood pressure cuffs, scissors, penlights, other assorted clinical supplies
- Snacks and candy
- Over the counter medicines
- Assorted sundry items
- Insignia items: book bags, lunch bags, key rings, laundry bags, t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, glasses, pad-folios, coasters
- Items and gifts for parents Gift items Greeting cards Postage stamps
- Gift Items
- Gretting cards
- Postage stamps
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
Orders received on weekends or holidays will be processed on the next business day. Phone orders received after 3 p.m. (CST) will be processed the next business day. Shipping charges will be added to each order. Express mail and next day service is available. No shipping charge for orders picked up at the bookstore.
The NMC bookstore also will cash personal checks up to $10.
If you are coming from off-campus specifically for the bookstore, please call ahead to be sure the bookstore is open. If you cannot come during regular business hours, we can make arrangements for you to pick up purchases. Call (402) 354-7241.
When can I purchase my books?
Usually books are available one week before classes begin.
Can I cash a check at the bookstore?
Yes, you can cash a check for up to $10.
Will there be used books available?
Yes, used books will be available if we are able to obtain them.
Some are more readily available than others.
What about buyback?
Buyback is in both fall and spring semesters.
How long do I have to return a book if I don't need it?
To receive a full refund:
- If completing an online or telephone order, include your full name, address, phone number, and E-mail address with your return so we can contact you.
- All returns must include the original receipt or shipping invoice.
- Textbooks, study guides, lab manuals, workbooks and bar charts must be returned within 14 days of purchase and be in their original condition.
- If the book was shrink wrapped, the original shrink wrap must still be on the book.
- Software in the book must still have the original seal.
- Pack your book securely so it will arrive back to us in original condition.
- Clothing items must be returned within 2 weeks of purchase.
- Clothing must be returned in its original condition with price tags still attached.
- Defective merchandise may always be exchanged with original receipt.
- For your protection use a trackable shipping service, like UPS, Fed Ex, or Insured Parcel Post.
- Management reserves the right to refuse the return of unsaleable items.
- Refunds will not be applied to shipping charges unless the reason for the return was due to our error.
You must pay the shipping charges in order to return your phone order.
Weather-related class cancellations are rare, but do occur. Because our students drive from as far as an hour away, it is important that each student assess the driving conditions in his/her area. If you are not comfortable with the road conditions, please take the appropriate steps to ensure your safety.
In the event of a campus closure, announcements will:
- Recorded on the College Hotline at 354-7222
- Texted through e2Campus to emergency text-message subscribers
- Emailed to all Methodist College email account holders
- Posted on the College Website Alert Notification Page
How do I sign up for the emergency text messaging service?
To sign up for e2campus emergency text message service (*You must have your cell phone with you when you register.)
- Click here and fill in the information to create an account.
- Enter your phone and carrier, fill in an opt-out date (you can opt out at any time, so choose a date far into the future i.e. graduation date), check the box "agree to terms" and click "Create Account."
- A validation code will be texted to your cell. Enter the 4-digit validation code as requested, and submit. You must do this in order to complete the sign up process.
What number do I call to find out if there are class cancellations due to weather?
Remember this jingle, "If the weather is bad and I don't know what to do, just dial 3-5-4-7-2-2-2" (354-7222).
What is the process to inform faculty I will be absent for class?
Make sure you email or leave a message informing the faculty you will be absent. Each faculty member communicates his/her attendance policy in the course syllabus. NMC faculty are concerned about each student so it is important you communicate with the faculty.
A well-equipped Fitness Center is available on the first floor of the Clark Center. The Fitness Center is equipped with weights, treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, and stair steppers. In order to become a member of the NMC Fitness Center, students must complete a liability form. It will take a few days to process, and then it can be accessed by usage of their student ID card at anytime the college is open.
Transportation & Parking
Students are responsible for their own transportation to the Nebraska Methodist College campus. All students are required to register their vehicles with the Clark Center Information Desk and receive a parking sticker, which must be displayed on the vehicle. Vehicle registration forms and parking stickers for all campuses are available at the Clark Center Information Desk and are completed as part of on-campus orientation.
All students residing in Omaha and driving a vehicle with license plates registered in a county other than Douglas need to apply for a City of Omaha wheel tax student exemption sticker. Vehicle exemption stickers may be purchased at the Clark Center Information Desk and there is a $5 charge for the sticker. Students failing to apply for an automobile identification tag may be subject to a fine as well as towing and storage charges.
All students who have clinicals at either Methodist or Children's hospital must park at the Crossroads Mall, located at 72nd and Dodge, in the parking garage and ride teh shuttle to Methodist and Chidren's hospitals. There will not be parking available at Methodist Hospital until furtner notice due to the construction on the Methodist employee parking garage. The shuttles will begin at 5 a.m. and run continuously through 9 p.m.
The drop-off and pick-up for Methodist/Children's will be at the south end of the lower drive. YOu can then enter through the southeast corner of the hospital between the Cancer Center and Methodist Hospital. Park on the 4th, 5th, & 6th floors of the Crossroads parking garage and use the stairs or elevator tower to the lower level to catch the Methodist shuttle under the awning on the southwest corner of the parking garage. Enter the 4th floor of the parking garage from Cass Street. Shuttle participants will receive a $1.50 cafeteria credit each day that they ride the shuttle from offsite parking.
Check your college email regarding updates to this project.
Parking at Methodist Hospital
Parking at Methodist Hospital for students is located on the top level of the Employee Parking Lot, which is located south of the Hospital. There is access to this level off 84th Street via the service drive or by entering from Farnam Drive and driving up the parking ramps to the upper level. A student ID card is needed to enter through the entrance gate. To exit this level, slowly drive down the exit ramp to the 2nd level and exit on the south end of the garage onto Farnam Drive. No card is needed to exit.
The Learning Commons is comproside of the recently renovated study rooms and John Moritz Library on the 2nd floor of the Clark Center. There are eight study rooms available. Four of these rooms have a television with a VHS and DVD player. All eight study rooms are equipped with a computer and access to the printer in the study area lounge. The John Moritz Library has expanded space for quite study and is occupied by over 640 periodical titles, a collection of over 6,000 texts focused on Health Sciences, and a collection of audiovisual materials. Library resources can also be found through the NMC web site. Library staff encourage students to ask questions and seek assistance at any time.
How do I check out books?
The first time you check out books or journals, you will be asked for your address and phone number. Then you may check out books and journals for two weeks and videos for one week.
How do I access the online databases?
You will be notified of the user ID and password during one of your first courses.
What do I do if I have problems or would like help?
You are always welcome to visit the library, call (402) 354-7245, or email Bev.Sedlacek@methodistcollege.edu .
Student Center & Clark Center Commons
The Learning Commons also consists of the newly renovated Student Center and the Clark Center Commons on the first floor of the Clark Center. Additional computers, group study space and a kitchen were added to the Student Center. Students may store sack lunches in the kitchen refirgerator, and warm up lunces in the microwaves. The most drastic changes can be seen in the Clark Commons where popuar booth seating with electrical outlets, and a coffee bar/cafe', "Deja' Brew," were added. Deja' Brew is open Monday-Friday, serving a variety of coffees, and breakfast, lunch and dinner items.
If Deja' Brew does not suit your appetite, there are outside lunch vendors set up in the Dining Area, Monday - Wednesday. Additionally, there are vending machines and a microwave available in the dining area of the Clark Center. There are also numerous restaurants within minutes of the Josie Harper Campus.
Also located in the commons is the Information Desk. The Information Desk is an excellent resource for students. Front desk staff are eager to share information regarding upcoming events and activities on campus.