Medical Assistant Overview
- This is a 12-month certificate program.
- Students who successfully complete program requirements will be awarded a certificate in Medical Assistant.
- Students will gain experience in a fully-equipped laboratory prior to entering the clinical setting where they will receive 300 hours of hands-on clinical experience.
- Graduates are required to take the AAMA exam for professional certification prior to graduation.
- Students able to transfer their contact hours for block credit, should they decide to continue their education in the Health Studies associate degree completion program.
- The program includes a total of 930 clock hours.
- Flexible hours: classes meet Tuesday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. in Terms I, II and III, and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. in Term IV.
- The expertise of a health care college - this is what we do BEST!
- Assistance with securing financial aid and scholarships needed to attend.
Medical Assistant Salary & Job Outlook
The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the median medical assistant salary in the U.S. in 2013 was $30,780 per year ($14.24 per hour), with a faster than average job growth forecast until 2020 of 31 percent.
Professional Organizations for Certified Medical Assistants
Gainful Employment Disclosure
As of July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education requires colleges to disclose certain information for each financial aid eligible program that prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Click the Gainful Employment Disclosure graphic in the left margin to view information for our most recently completed academic year. We hope you find this information helpful in furthering your knowledge of NMC's program so you can make an informed decision about your educational and career plans.
The Medical Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756. (727) 210-2350. www.caahep.org.