- Multiple points of entry:
- On campus bachelor of science degree option (4 year degree)
- Degree completion for associate degree graduates -- those who are ARDMS or RT registered and looking to go on for their bachelor degree.
- No previous coursework required; students can apply directly out of high school.
- Courses delivered in a hybrid format: on campus and online.
- Transfer students who are ARDMS registered will receive credit for prior learning based on specific credentials.
- Opportunity to select additional elective coursework and clinical experiences related to Neonatal Neurosonography, Fetal/Pediatric Echocardiography, Adult Echocardiography, Vascular Technology, Bone Densitometry and Mammography.
Spanish Minor Option
- Students have the option to enroll in the Spanish for Healthcare Professionals minor
Benefits to the NMC Experience
- Hands on learning in our high tech labs that helps you improve your skills and confidence needed to success
- Clinical rotations that expose you to diverse populations, facilities and technology.
- Experienced, certified faculty that integrate real-world experiences into the coursework.
- A community of people that support you in your quest to be a successful imaging professional.
- Our program is tailored to the working professional with a framework and course design that provides flexibility to balance professional and personal commitments with your academic goals.
Medical Imaging Professional Salary & Job Outlook
The Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates the U. S. median salary in 2010 for diagnostic medical sonographers was $64,380 per year, with a forecast of faster than average job growth until 2020 of 44 percent.
Which degree is right for me?
Nebraska Methodist College offers two differed degrees based on your current level of education and certification. Review a few of the options below.
*For degree completion ONLY: Current ARDMS or RT (US) registration in OB/GYN and Abdomen required.
The Women's Medical Imaging program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL 33756. 727-210-2350. www.caahep.org