Ultrasound Lab Volunteer Information
Volunteer for Sonography
The sonography program at Nebraska Methodist College (NMC) is looking for volunteer models for the students to practice their imaging skills in abdominal, obstetrics, vascular, and adult echocardiography sonography. The lab sessions are performed by NMC students under the direct supervision of a registered sonographer who is also an instructor at the College.
Criteria as Sonography Volunteer
- Be at least nineteen (19) years of age or older,
- Be able to commit approximately one (1) hour of your time for the ultrasound,
- Have current healthcare coverage (you will not be billed), and
- Sign a consent and release of liability form before the procedure begins.
In addition for Pregnant Patients
- You must have already completed your normal anatomic survey (done between 18-22 weeks gestation), and
- Obtain physician consent prior to participation as a volunteer (see consent and release of liability form).
The ultrasound examination is conducted in a teaching environment and in no way constitutes a diagnostic evaluation. If you are experiencing anything abnormal, please see your physician.
Statement on Safety in Training and Research
For a complete Statement on Safety in Training and Research by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, please visit www.aium.org/resources/statements.aspx.