Preceptor: Nurturing New Employees
- Date: January 14, 2013
- Time: 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Location: Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Auditorium, 8303 Dodge Street, Omaha, NE 68114
Nurses who serve as preceptors for new nurses and who wish to participate in employee development training programs.
Cost: $ 30 with promo code: 75PD
Methodist and Jennie Ed employees please use the health system promo code for a 100% discount.
Purpose Statement: To enhance the culture of the work environment to be supportive and assist in the transition of new employees into successful clinical practice and promote lifelong learning.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the stages of adaptation a new nurse experiences as they develop into their role as a clinician.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a preceptor regarding cultivating and fostering a positive transition and socializing the new employee into the clinical setting.
- Discuss the significance of understanding the new employees' learning style and personality type.
- Demonstrate appropriate interpersonal communication skills and identify the significant impact on the new employee.
- Describe generational diversity in the workplace.
|12:30-2:00pm||Caring and Supportive Attitudes|
|Stages of Adaptation|
|2:15-3:15pm||Roles and Responsibilities|
|Personality Type and Learning style|
|Communication and Feedback|
|Critical Thinking/Conflict Management|
Resource Information- Click here to view
Sue Davis, MS, BSN, RN, CCRN, CVRN, NE-BC
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development awards educational credit to the disciplines listed below. Each professional is accountable to understand their accrediting/licensing body's standards and requirements. The definitive source of information on continuing education requirements is your state or national regulatory board.
In order to obtain contact hours or CEU's for a continuing education event, participants are required to attend the entire event and return a completed evaluation.
3.0 contact hours awarded
This includes 0 pharmacology hours for Nurse Practitioners
Master Code #: NE10-13C32
Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Nebraska Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
3.0 education hours. Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development assigns education hours based on 60 minutes of classroom instruction for each offering. Participants may use these for their professional continuing education hours and toward re-licensure if so approved within the standards and guidelines of their discipline.