Dr. Ozgur Araz
Dr. Ozgur Araz
- 720 N. 87th Street
- Omaha, NE 68114
BS, Istanbul Technical University
MS, State University of New York at Buffalo
PhD, Arizona State University
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas at Austin
Dr. Araz is an Assistant Professor at the College of Public Health at University of Nebraska Medical Center and is an affiliated faculty with the NMC. His research interests are in complex systems thinking, modeling and simulation, operations management in health care, decision and cost-effectiveness analysis.
Notable Journal Publications
- Frerichs L., Araz O.M., Huang T. Modeling social transmission dynamics of unhealthy behaviors for evaluating prevention and treatment intervention on childhood obesity. PLOS One (2013). In Press.
- Araz O.M. Integrating complex system dynamics of pandemic influenza with a multi-criteria decision making model for evaluating public health strategies. Journal of System Sciences and System Engineering (2013) 22 (3), 319-339.
- Araz O.M., Lant T., Jehn M., Fowler J.W. Simulation modeling for pandemic decision making: a case study with bi-criteria analysis on school closures. Decision Support Systems (2013) 55 (2), 564-575.
- Araz O.M., Jehn M. Improving public health preparedness through enhanced decision-making environments: a survey based evaluation. Technological Forecasting and Social Change (2013) 80, 9, 1775-1781.
- Araz O. M., Galvani A., Meyers L.A. Geographic Prioritization of Distributing Pandemic Influenza Vaccines. Healthcare Management Science (2012), 15 (3): 175-187.
- Araz O.M., Damien P., Paltiel D., Burke S., van de Geijn B., Galvani A., Meyers L.A. Simulating school closure policies for cost effective pandemic decision making. BMC Public Health 2012, 12(1):449.
- Araz O.M., Jehn M., Lant T., Fowler J.W. A new method of exercising pandemic preparedness through an interactive simulation and visualization. Journal of Medical Systems(2012) 36: 1475-1483.
- Rastogi A., Fowler J.W., Carlyle W.M., Araz O. M., Meltz A., Buke B. Supply network capacity planning for semiconductor manufacturing with uncertain demand and correlation in demand considerations. International Journal of Production Economics (2011) Vol. 134, Issue 2, 322-332.
- Araz O.M., Lant T., Fowler J.W., Jehn M. A simulation model for policy decision analysis: a case of influenza pandemic on a university campus. Journal of Simulation (2011) 5: 89-100.
Professional Service/Recognition/Charitable Boards
Dr. Araz is a member for various professional organizations including American Public Health Association, INFORMS, Omega Rho- Honor Society of INFORMS and System Dynamics Society.