PhD, MA, BS
Dean of Students
- Phone: (402) 354-7260
- 720 N. 87th Street
- Riley Leinart Center, Office 2102
- Omaha, NE 68114
BS, Kearney State College
MA, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
PhD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Dr. Hess has been at Nebraska Methodist College since 2000. Dr. Hess is a psychologist by education, and prior to coming to NMC, she worked at Texas A&M University and Oklahoma State University in their counseling centers.
- Atherton, M., Hess, K., & Hoffman M. (2009). Assessment & Evaluation: Innovations for Continuous Quality Improvement at a Small College. Presented at the National Association of Student Affairs Administrators (NASPA) national conference, Seattle, WA.
- Hess, K. (2009, October). Highlights from the National Symposium on Student Retention. Presented at the GPAC/Small Colleges Meeting. Blair, NE.
- Boatman, S., Hess, K. Smith-Howell, D. & Taylor-Costello, J. (2007). Words of Wisdom: Hearing the Stories of Women Working in Higher Education. Presented at the Nebraska Women in Higher Education Leadership state conference, Lincoln, NE.
- Denton, M., Stenberg, K, & Meyers, T. (2002). Rx for Wellness: Emotional Intelligence. Presented at the Reaching UP conference, Nebraska City, NE.
- Stenberg, K. (1999). Effects of Presenting Problem and Counseling Relationship on Client Satisfaction with Counseling. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Professional Service/Recognition/Charitable Boards
Dr. Hess has been a member of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) since 1999 and has served her professional association in a number of capacities. She has been a member of the conference planning committee, the conference program committee, and chair for the conference registration committee. She has also served as a program reviewer. More recently, Dr. Hess served as the secretary for Region IV-West and now holds the position as treasurer for Region IV-West.
Dr. Hess has also been involved with the Nebraska Women in Higher Education Leadership organization. She served as NMC's institutional representative for many years, has been a member of the conference committee for many years, and served in a leadership role for this organization in the 2008-2009 year. Dr. Hess also holds a Certification of Qualification (Certified Practitioner) for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
Outside of her profession, Dr. Hess serves as a Board of Trustee at Countryside Community Church and volunteers at Harvey Oaks Elementary, where she volunteers for different school activities and currently serves as the Book Fair co-chair.