PhD, MA, BS
Vice President, Student Affairs
- Phone: (402) 354-7260
- 720 N. 87th Street
- Riley Leinart Center, Office 2102
- Omaha, NE 68114
BS, Kearney State College
MA, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
PhD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Dr. Hess has been at Nebraska Methodist College since 2000. She started her career at NMC as the Dean of Students, and in 2002, moved to the position of Vice President for Student Affairs. Dr. Hess is a psychologist by education, and prior to coming to NMC, she worked at Texas A&M University and Oklahoma State University in their counseling centers.
- Atherton, M., Hess, K., & Hoffman M. (2009). Assessment & Evaluation: Innovations for Continuous Quality Improvement at a Small College. Presented at the National Association of Student Affairs Administrators (NASPA) national conference, Seattle, WA.
- Hess, K. (2009, October). Highlights from the National Symposium on Student Retention. Presented at the GPAC/Small Colleges Meeting. Blair, NE.
- Boatman, S., Hess, K. Smith-Howell, D. & Taylor-Costello, J. (2007). Words of Wisdom: Hearing the Stories of Women Working in Higher Education. Presented at the Nebraska Women in Higher Education Leadership state conference, Lincoln, NE.
- Denton, M., Stenberg, K, & Meyers, T. (2002). Rx for Wellness: Emotional Intelligence. Presented at the Reaching UP conference, Nebraska City, NE.
- Stenberg, K. (1999). Effects of Presenting Problem and Counseling Relationship on Client Satisfaction with Counseling. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Professional Service/Recognition/Charitable Boards
Dr. Hess has been a member of the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) since 1999 and has served her professional association in a number of capacities. She has been a member of the conference planning committee, the conference program committee, and chair for the conference registration committee. She has also served as a program reviewer. More recently, Dr. Hess served as the secretary for Region IV-West and now holds the position as treasurer for Region IV-West.
Dr. Hess has also been involved with the Nebraska Women in Higher Education Leadership organization. She served as NMC's institutional representative for many years, has been a member of the conference committee for many years, and served in a leadership role for this organization in the 2008-2009 year. Dr. Hess also holds a Certification of Qualification (Certified Practitioner) for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
Outside of her profession, Dr. Hess serves as a Board of Trustee at Countryside Community Church and volunteers at Harvey Oaks Elementary, where she volunteers for different school activities and currently serves as the Book Fair co-chair.