Campus Health Offers Flu Shots
- Date: September 13, 2012
- Author: NMC Public Relations
Because evidence-based medicine has proven the flu shot is the #1 way to prevent passing the seasonal flu to others or getting it ourselves, students who are participating in clinical rotations this Fall or in the Spring must get a flu shot by December 1 unless medically contraindicated. All other students are highly encouraged to be vaccinated as well.
- You can get and spread the flu without ever feeling sick.
- You cannot get the flu from the flu shot.
- Flu viruses change every year, so you need a new vaccination every year.
- The flu shot cuts a healthy adult's chance of getting the flu by 70%-90%.
- The flu causes needless suffering and as many as 49,000 deaths per year.
Get the flu shot early. Our bodies need two weeks to develop antibodies
Campus Health Flu shot clinics are being held on:
Monday Sept 17 10-11:30
Tues Sept 25 1:30-3:00
Thurs Oct 4 10:00-11:00 am
Tues Oct 16 10-11 am
Thur Oct 25 9:30 - 10:20 am
Tues Oct 30 11-12 am
Thurs Nov 8 9:30-10:30 am
Tues Nov 27 12-1 pm
Cost is $10 and may be put on your Bursar account. Flu vaccine is 100% covered for students who have the SAS insurance plan.