Honorary Alum status is bestowed on one individual per year who has adopted the College as their own through uncommon and outstanding service, substantial and continuing commitment, and loyalty. In recognition of the expressions of good will, the Alumni Association annually inducts those who are particularly deserving to be recognized as honorary members of the Alumni Association.
Honorary membership in the Methodist Alumni Association is reserved for individuals whose interest and service make such a membership significant. Honorary membership shall confer all membership privileges and responsibilities including the right to vote and hold office.
Please submit a letter, no more than two pages, stating why your candidate should be considered for Honorary Alumni status. Be sure to read the definition for the award carefully, so you can explain clearly and in full how your nominee fulfills the criteria. Your statement should cover the following criteria wherever appropriate and give any other information you believe to be relevant. Please include your name, address, phone and E-mail address.
- Makes significant contributions to the Alumni Association's welfare, reputation, and prestige.
- Has demonstrated exceptional interest, dedication, service and support of the Alumni Association, its mission and goals.
- Is a long-standing friend of the College, its students and alumni.
- Has contributed significantly to the betterment of the students and alumni.
- Consistently demonstrates exceptional personal integrity and character and is a superior role model to peers, students, and members of the Alumni Association.
- Monetary gifts are not among the criteria used to select honorees.
Procedure for selecting the recipient:
- Nomination letters will be copied and distributed to members of the Honors and Awards Committee to determine if the nominee meets the criteria of the award.
- Nomination letters will be copied and distributed to members in attendance at an early Spring meeting in the year it is to be given.
- These members in attendance will then vote by confidential paper ballot for the nominee of their choice. Due to the importance of this recognition, one recipient per year will be selected.
- The recipient will be notified by mail and invited to attend the annual Reunion Dinner to receive the award.
Mail nomination to: Denise Carlson, Director of Alumni Relations, 720 North 87th Street, Omaha, NE 68114
(800) 793-3964 or 354-7256 Denise.Carlson@methodistcollege.edu